Where Have I Been?

I know that I’ve been posting infrequently this Summer. I apologize and especially to those of you waiting for personal shopping requests.  It bothers me when I can’t get things done quickly or at all.

tall snob family

Krista’s pride and joy!

I thought I’d fill you in on my crazy life. My 17 year old son is having back surgery for severe scoliosis in a few weeks. We only discovered he had it last year, but at that point his curve was already at 48 degrees. So it was too late for almost any treatment options.  However, we did pursue chiropractic treatment and had great faith in the promises made to use. Although the back cracker helped ease some of his pain, his curve has now progressed to 56 degrees and his ribs have twisted around to his back. After many appointments and research, he is going to have surgery.  This entails 2 rods in his back, 5 days in the hospital a month not doing much and almost a full year of no lifting/strenuous exercise.  To say I’m nervous is an understatement, but with prayer, I have a peace about it.

My 2nd teen son has bones in his hands that grew faster than his tendons resulting in curled hands.  So once we take care of the other surgery, we are checking into what we need to do to help him. That’s what happens when you grown 5 inches in just over a year. He’s now 6’3″ tall and wears size 14 shoes at age 15. The joys of being tall!

Another son is having hip pain, but we have found that yoga is strengthening/stretching the tendons and it’s really helping.

So far my 8 year old son is fine. Whew!

My daughter is getting treatment at Shriner’s hospital for her co-ordination issues. I’m seeing lots of blessings in her life and am thankful to live is such a great medically blessed city.

Between dr visits and kids being home, it’s a crazy busy summer.  We hope to purchase a house this Summer and so are running around checking out the prospects.  Prices sure seem to be on the rise with not a lot of selection.  Fingers crossed!

Tiffany will be having her baby in a few months.  She’s also doing her best to help her husband with his chemotherapy treatments.  He has lymphoma.  Here’s an update on her life. If anyone would like to send a card to Tiffany and Joe with well wishes with their struggles, here is their address:

Tiffany & Joe DeLangie, 280 Oakland Ave, Manchester, NH 03109

Thank you for being loyal followers!  Even if I don’t update this with as much new content as I would like, it still takes a lot of work to update the old content, etc and there’s lots of being the scenes work being done.  I will blog as often as possible, and am already gearing up for the back to school shopping.  I hope you’re having a great Summer!

women's tall blogs

Comments

1. Susanne says:

Hi Krista. You, Tiffany and your families are in my prayers and although we haven’t met, I’d still like to send you each a big hug. God will watch over all of you. In this fact, I have faith. Thank you for including Tiffany and Joe’s address. The two of you inspire me to be more grateful every day. Thank you! Don’t forget to take care of yourselves as best as you can. Blessings~Susanne

2. Carol Brooks says:

I’m sorry to hear of your many medical trials.Both my sons are 6″6 and seemed to continuously grow during their school years but we were blessed that they only had occasional growing pains and back pains.I will pray for you and your family. I wish you much success in all the coming medical treatments. May God hold you all in his arms and grant special blessings on your children in their time of need. And grant you and your husband strength and comfort to see you through it all.

3. Krista Mayne says:

Susanne,
    Thanks so much! You are always so supportive and I appreciate your prayers and faith. I know everything will turn out fine. I have to quit worrying as it doesn’t help anything. Thanks again.

4. Krista Mayne says:

Carol,
    Thank you for your sweet words. Not sure why my kids ended up with their weird issues, but I know there is worse, so we’ll get through this. Thanks for your support and prayers. :)

5. Thoughts and prayers to you! That is a lot going on at once. My niece just graduated high school last month and had the same surgery in Jan. for scoliosis. She had done therapy for a few years that seemed to be working at first but in this last year it had progressed and by the time she saw the surgeon she was at 60 degrees and she had kyphosis in her upper back. I’m not going to lie, I don’t even know what kyphosis is, but it was something else they had to correct while they were doing surgery. She was in surgery for just over 8 hours. It was truely amazing to see just how fast she rebounded. She was in pain for a little while, but she held it all in stride and was so happy to have a straight back! I visited her on day 2 after surgery I believe (maybe it was day 3 I can’t recall now) and she was up walking in the hospital and went up/down 4 steps while I was there. For that big of a surgery that was huge! I wish and pray the same kind of success to you and your son! It will be worth it!

6. As an afterthought…….here is my niece’s journey.

I’m sure you already have great support, but if you feel like talking to a Mom who has been through a similar situation email me. I’m sure my sister would be glad to talk to you.

7. Krista Mayne says:

Rhonda,
    Thank you so much. I’m encouraged hearing about your niece’s surgery. Sounds like it was successful. Yeah! Modern medicine is amazing and the younger they they can get it, they can bounce back fast. Thanks for sharing and I appreciate your prayers. :)

8. Krista Mayne says:

Rhonda,
    I’ve been reading your niece’s blog and it is so great and helpful! Thanks so much! If I freak out, I may get in touch with your sister.