Client Profile for Tall Personal Shopping:
Age – 33 years old tall woman
Height/Sizes - 6′ tall, size 10-12, 36″ Inseam, Large Chest DD, Fairly Short Waist
Other Info: Mom to 2 small kids, loves the look of belted tunics and cardigans, but with her large chest and short waist, feels like it’s not a good look.
Wants: Affordable Fall looks in tops for work, outings with her girlfriends, and outfits for running errands with kids.
Tall Snob Responds:
My first thought was you are lucky that you don’t have a long torso. As I find it’s a huge challenge to find longer length shirts. But, I can see that with a large chest that doesn’t leave a lot of room before you reach your waist area and it can be hard to get the proportions right. I imagine you still need tall sizes shirts to get the sleeves long enough. The good thing is that your long legs will be the attention grabber, so flaunt them!
While doing some research, I came across a fabulous guide called A Short Waisted Women’s Guide from Someone Who Knows! I think the advice is spot-on, especially the following piece of info:
After reading the above article, I think the advice is great, so I’ve put together some “tall” outfits based on the guide.
Let’s start with work clothing. Wrap dresses are perfect for large chested ladies and according to the guide above, they will be your best option. Here’s 4 choices in tall wrap dresses and they wash well too. (As a Mother, I hate having to get clothes dry cleaned).
Tall Wrap Dresses
- Gap – Solid Tall Wrap Dresses (3 colors)
- Banana Republic – Gemma Tall Wrap Dress $98
- Ann Taylor – Tall Side Tie Jersey Dress $98 the waist gathering and side tie give the illusion of a wrap dress.
- Height Goddess - Rebecca Wrap Dress $138
Next, here are a few outfits going with the guide of darker on top with lighter pants or skirts on the bottom. Tops should be simplier and free of ruffles and adornments. V-necks tops will be your best bet when you have a large chest as they draw the eye in slimming the upper area. You can easily mix and match these items and dress them up or down depending on your shoes and accessories.
Mix & Match For Work or Casual
- Long Tall Sally – Shawl Wrap Sweater ( 3 colors) $69
- Old Navy – The Sweetheart Perfect Khakis $29.94 ( tan or gray)
- Eddie Bauer – Soft V-Neck Pullover Tall Sweater $49.95
- Quincy – Custom Made Blouse – $88. Button-down tops will be tricky, but Quincy has custom-made blouses by cup size. A great option for the hard to fit.
- Eddie Bauer Tall Velveteen Blazer - a slightly shorter length, great proportion for you. Pair over the white blouse. $99.95
- Ann Taylor Tall Modern Cotton Trousers – lower-rise. $78
Casual Looks, Yet Still Looking Put Together
- Long Tall Sally – False Wrap Tee – also in purple. $65
- Alloy - Tall Skinny Jean - many colors in 37″ inseams. $30
- Long Tall Sally – Tall Peplum Top – a great look to draw the eye down towards your legs.
- Long Tall Sally – Richmond Straight Jeans - 36″ inseam.
- Maurices – Studded Burnout Tee- you need some cute t-shirts for home and v-necks are going to look the best.
- Elle Mayers – Living It Up Tall Pants – looks great at the gym, at home or running errands.$54
Well that’s all for now! I hope this tall personal shopping request fits your tastes.